Looking for some adventure to do with the kids this summer? Looking for a fantastic day out for your year-end function, or have you got a birthday party coming up? While the norm would be to arrange a fancy dinner at a very expensive restaurant, or battle through some very painful three hours of kids running circles around you at home – why not do something completely different and experience a combination of thrills and beautiful views with tree canopy tours?
An Eco-Adventure that has Stolen the Hearts of Thrill Seekers Worldwide
An adventure of a lifetime that will never be forgotten, tree canopy tours are currently the fastest growing eco-adventure that have stolen the hearts of thrill seekers worldwide. Yes, everyone has caught the bug, and for very good reason. Originating all the way from the jungles of Costa Rica – what was a system used by biologists to study the diversity and habitat of an inaccessible ecosystem has turned into an extreme eco-tourism activity.
What’s It All About?
A treetop experience dedicated to offering both children and adults a unique adventure as they move from tree to tree, tree canopy tours, also known as zip lining, is a devised system of cables and platforms built around tall old trees in lush forests. Using cables, harnesses, helmets, gloves, a pulley system and platforms, cables run on a downward slope so that gravity does all the work. With its popularity reaching many countries, tree canopy tours have now reached South Africa and can be found at Acrobranch.
Ideal for children, nature lovers, families, thrill seekers, conference groups, birthday parties, year-end functions, team building and even conferences, Acrobranch brings you outdoor activity parks situated throughout the country. Fun, easy and safe for anyone between the ages of 7 – 70 years old, our parks offer a wide range of obstacles that features zip lines, cargo nets, Tarzan swings, balancing beams, tightropes, zigzagging, lily pads, barrels, rope bridges, and many other obstacles to get the adrenaline pumping.
Situated in six locations throughout South Africa, each zip line takes place in a completely different environment with a completely different experience. We have branches in Johannesburg, Centurion, Pretoria North, Cape Town and the Garden Route. If you’ve never heard of us before, then this is what you can expect from our activity parks.
- Johannesburg – situated in Melrose Park, this activity park offers two kids’ courses, two obstacle courses for adults and teenagers, and a “Big Zip” zip line with over 80 obstacles.
- Centurion – situated in Sunlaws Estate, Olifantsfontein, this park offers two kids’ courses, two obstacle courses for adults and teenagers, Acro-bungy and “Big Zip” zip line with 80 obstacles.
- Pretoria North – situated in Honingnestkrans, this activity park offers two kids’ courses, two obstacle courses for adults and teenagers, and a “Big Zip” zip line with 58 obstacles.
- Cape Town – situated in Constantia Nek, this park offers two kids’ courses, and one obstacle course for adults and teenagers with 50 obstacles.
- The Garden Route – situated in Timberlake Organic Village, this activity park offers one kids’ course, two obstacle courses for adults and teenagers, and a “Big Zip” zip line with 50 obstacles.
So what are you waiting for? Plan your birthday, year-end function, or family day out with Acrobranch tree canopy tours at any one of our activity parks today and get ready to get hooked!